Mk. 2 was essentially to show off the progress made between Mk. 1 and Mk. 2. Needless to say I had a lot to fit in within 5 minutes. This time I made sure to make a presentation and a script to follow, after being so unprepared for Mk. 1. This definitely helped me in the long run.
To begin with, I made sure to let Chris and Andrea know that the focus of my project had shifted slightly - I was now focusing on creating smartphone focused learning experiences. I was still drawing ideas from constructionism learning and encouraging adult informal learning amongst adults but with less focus on communities of practise. I'm also bringing in my interest of redefining the boundaries of what smartphones could do.
I began the presentation recapping about what I'd done between Mk. 1 and Mk. 2, and especially what I'd taken away from Mk. 1. My main problem I found was that I was having trouble communicating what I was trying to do. I thought it was best to try and communicate my idea physically, as people respond to something they could physically interact with.
Once I recapped everyone on what I'd done after Mk. 1, I showed how I'd taken the physical experience digitally and then ran people through my Mk. 2 prototype. You can read my walkthrough of my prototype in the script below.
Some of the feedback I received from the presentation was that I need to put more emphasis in introducing self-assessment learning to the app as well as preparing the user for where to go next and how they will achieve their ultimate goal. I also need to pay more attention to the animations and prepare my prototype for a second round of user testing.